#1 Little Thing Called Appreciation

You might find me very melancholic in this entry, but trust me it's just a hormonal fluctuation, mood swing you know. And trust me you will learn to appreciate more. Sometimes what we need is just a little appreciation.

Imagine that a 3 yo kid come to you, show you what just he did, fix a toys he broke for example.

All what you will give to him is a compliment, right? *if the answer is no then, i dont know what's wrong with you* What goes on that toddler's mind is probably "I have a cool thing to show, and I just did it". And you know what, a little compliment is very valuable to him. It makes his motivation grows and he can perform better.

My point is not the kid, it's the appreciation. No matter who is showing to you, as long as it is her/his best performance (or at least try to be), i suggest, give an appreciation.

Appreciation makes the receivers feeling better upon their tiring day. It makes them being motivated and perform better.
Appreciation makes the giver feeling glad and realize the hard work which has been done.
Giving appreciation is simple, never need too much energy.
Appreciation is like a pencil, it automatically will draw a smile on faces.
After hard work, appreciation is like an oxygen, when you're hard to breath then suddenly it flows to your nasal and everything goes normal back.
After an effort, appreciation is like a hug. Shows you that it worth everything.
Appreciate is much better than appreciate not.
Appreciation only need one or two words: "Thank you!" "Amazing" "Great!"
or three "You did it!" or for "You did good job!"

and very motivating "Keep up the good work!"
also meaningful "Thanks for the cloths you buy me, I am really gonna wear them"
or "I am glad you come home cause I can ask you to clean the house"
or at least when you can not say it in words, show it: be nice, smile, lower your speak-tone, applause..and more.

 This week has been lacking of appreciation.
I gave gift, but there was no real thank you.
I visited and came, but there was no warm welcome.
I worked and did my best, but it still seems wrong. I got complained.

I present, but no presence.
I'm tired and I get more.

I might not be the appreciation receiver yet now.
But I still should be the appreciation giver.



Anonymous
Encouraged people achieve the best; dominated people achieve second best; neglected people achieve the least.

William Arthur
Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I may not forget you.


Comments

  1. See you once again my LOVE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. why my LOVE. don't even talk about love, membosankan ~~

      Delete
  2. Inilah dunia, kadang kebaikan yang kita terima tidak sebanding dengan apa yang kita dapatkan,bahkan teradang ada yang mempermasalahkan kebaikan yang kita berikan, tapi yang paling penting :

    "Tak ada yang yang lebih indah dari rencana-Nya, semoga kita termasuk orang2 yang tetap istiqomah, dan selalu percaya bahwa kasih sayang Alloh adalah segalanya. Sangat pesimis bila kita yakin masuk surga dengan menimbang amalan baik dan buruk, namun sangat optimis bila kita masuk surga karena Alloh sayang kepada kita seperti halnya kita menyayangi saudara sesama muslim"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, ga penting sih untuk mengharapkan apresiasi. Sebenernya saya juga pengennya bukan untuk diri saya, tapi untuk suasana lingkungan dan bahkan dunia yang lebih baik. Sebuah apresiasi sederhana bisa menggambar senyuman, menenangkan hati, bahkan menyalakan semangat. So let's start to be an appreciation giver untuk dunia yang lebih damai :)
      #haduh ceramah, maaf yak Gus. haha

      btw itu quotesnya sangat menyejukkan hati. thanks mas bro..

      Delete
  3. wah, bagus Put cita-cita kamu. Ada orang bilang juga kebaikan seseorang itu sebanding dengan ibadah yang dia lakukan, intinya agama itu sejalan dengan tindakan.
    Oke, let's start from now!!

    hehe, maklum put lagi musim Ramadhan jadinya banyak ikut pangajian sana sini, refresing sekalian nambah ilmu, :D
    yoi coy..

    keep bloging, keren kata2nya *bahasa inggris,haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bener juga sih put apa kata kamu, ayo let's start to be an appreciation giver! *kaya mau kampanye kata2nya,haha

    #bagus put ceramahnya, sedikit membuka pikiran, :D

    hahaha, oke oke, sama-sama mba bro..
    *btw kamu langsung mempraktekan appreciation giver dengan memuji put, :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. iya, seneb kan kalo lagi capek terus liat orang cemberut. coba kalo liatnya orang berwajah menyenangkan, setidaknya ga cemberut aja, itu sudah sangat menenangkan hati.hehe
      *bentuk apresiasi yang lain :D

      yoyoi, langsung praktek yuuk.haha

      Delete
  5. bener banget put, kebiasaan di teknik kalo musim tugas banyak yang seneb, mungkin pada jarang senyum ya? Pada jengkel sama Dosen,haha..
    Kalo semua bisa jadi appreciation giver, bakalan aman deh dunia, :D

    *ayukkk....praktek..praktek...hehe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment